The Chaos Scar
The Chaos Scar Codex
Within these pages lie all of the information which you have gathered on your adventures. People you’ve met, enemies you’ve slain, locations you’ve visited, important items you’ve discovered, and other such knowledge is all documented here.
Timeline of Major Events
(There are several more events that may be added here depending on the History checks of the party during our sessions.)
- 1035 DR: Also called The Year of Falling Stars. A massive meteor crashes into a valley in Northern Faerûn where Neverwinter Wood meets the base of the Crags. The impact obliterates an entire mountain peak and extinguishes nearly all life within a 100 mile radius. Only the elven structures in Neverwinter Wood, protected by magical wards, are able to withstand the damage.
- 1385 DR: The Spellplague hits Faerûn, killing thousands of magic users and drastically altering the continent. The effects of the Spellplague would continue for almost a decade.
- 1451 DR: The long-dormant volcano Mount Hotenow erupts, almost completely destroying the city of Neverwinter. The earthquake caused by the eruption further damaged the Shield Wall surrounding the Chaos Scar.
- 1473 DR: A group of evil adventurers known as the Six Blades of Fortune arrive at Starfall Keep, slay the tribe of kobolds that had taken up residence there, and make it their base of operations. They allow wanderers, refugees, and other folk in search of a safe harbor to settle within the keep, but only if they can afford a hefty tax.
- 1476 DR: A group of villagers from Starfall Keep, led by a man named Symon Rowe, leave the keep and establish the small village of Briarwood several miles away.
- 1478 DR: The Blades steal a holy icon of Erathis, gaining the attention of a Lord Peridin Drysdale, a paladin of Erathis from Waterdeep. They are tracked back to Starfall Keep where they are besieged by Drysdale and his men. Eventually he and his forces gain entrance to the keep and slay four of the Blades, while their leader and second-in-command escape through secret tunnels. Drysdale assumes rule of the Keep.
- 1479 DR: Present Day